Wednesday, October 19, 2011

not such a good looker after all...

Today I carried these things with me to school:

a yellow notebook
a blue folder full 
Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
a green environment reader
my "teacher" filer full of attendance sheets, lesson plans and things to be graded
a hairbrush for my slowly growing tangled hair
lipstick to offset my ever-pale-ing skin
a dongle cord (no really, that's what it's called, 
borrowed from erica&alex - i promise to return it someday soon!)
a USB cord
a scarf
and my wallet

....wait, did i just say my wallet?  well, while it may be obvious to you that my wallet is in my schoolbag, it was not so obvious to me this morning when i called tanner in a panic, my work in a panic, and almost my bank to cancel my debit card in panic.  to tell you the truth, i was in such a panic, i practically drove to the DMV to get a new license.  and there it was all along. phew!



but see the crammed space that all of this stuff was stuffed into?  you understand how i could have missed my wallet in there, right? {...tanner? ...right?}  if you haven't noticed, i lose things a lot.  and then i panic quick. and then i look for just one more second and i find the lost thing.  maybe i should start looking longer first?

4 comments:

  1. ha i love you so much brighton!! it reminds me of you losing your car :) best. story. ever. congrats to tan on the salary! wahooooooo. i love all of your iowa posts and no wonder my mama cita is wishing we would do more fun stuff like that together! let's make it happen, utah style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have so many moments like this. I'm so glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so cute and funny! i'm glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Brighton, I love you! How I miss your funny stories. We need to get together again. By the way, I'm "officially" coming back to sumo. Blah.

    ReplyDelete