Friday, June 24, 2011

the island

we just barely got back from our vacation to look-alike LOST island off the coast of southern California and let me tell you, it was won-der-ful.  we spent almost all of our time either laying on the beach or as my sister pointed out in her comment on my last post - eating eating eating.  fish and chips were tanner's personal favorite and i loved the endless supply of ice cream cones.  as i predicted, we laid on the beach, we read books {i started and almost finished The Help and am loving it}, we hiked to a view of the ocean, we peddle-boated {and had a seal swim right up next to us}, hunted for bison but never found any, relaxed and ate ate ate.  and i have to admit, we did spend an embarrassing amount of time comparing Catalina to LOST.  we might have even figured out where the Other's live.  

and of course, here are some pictures...















now it is back to everyday life and i am already missing the beach.

7 comments:

  1. oh, i want to be there! i am just finishing The Help, too. Isn't it good??!

    i'm glad you guys got to have a fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great pictures...it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this place looks amazing! so glad you guys got to take this awesome vacay!

    also I really am loving the new layout. I think I need your help with my layout now.

    ps glad you guys got to stop by for the night

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are cute! I'm so glad you had fun. I love the help! One of my favorites. I seriously slowed down my reading because I didn't want it to end. The movie is coming out. Let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks beautiful! what a great trip!

    (p.s. they filmed a lot of LOST on Oahu! trav even life-guarded for them!)

    have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wahooooo! i love a good vacation. so glad you guys had so much fun. maybe your next vacation will be to dc?? :) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to go to Catalina! Maybe I can convince Dan sometime when he finally has a break from school! Also, The Help is AMAZING! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete