Thursday, June 16, 2011

a checklist of sorts

we are off to catalina island in less than 2 days and counting, and you could say i'm having trouble sleeping with the anticipation of going on our first vacation just the two of us since our honeymoon.

so far i have...

filled my eyelashes
got my base tan ready to go
and my bangs all trimmed
{am i starting to sound at all vain?}
read up on all the travel sites for catalina
charged up my camera
purchased our ferry tickets to the island and back
reserved a hotel room for 4 nights
worked my last day for the next week
and started to think about packing

and when we get there i want to...

lay on the beach
read a book
bike through the island
kayak around the island
snorkel
or scuba
hike to find the free-roaming bison
eat yummy things at yummy places
and relax
relax
relax
relax
relax

i can't wait.

p.s. is it just me or does this look like LOST island?
p.p.s. does the fact that bison live in the middle of the ocean make this look a little more like LOST island?

5 comments:

  1. AH! that's beautiful! (and for the record: i've had my lashes filled twice already this summer) :) HAVE FUN! i'm so excited that we get to see you soon too. love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. I'm excited for you. I love the redesign of your blog. Really cute.

    P.S. We should do some grown up smores when you guys get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think instead of "relax, relax, relax" you should have said "food, food, food"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are having the best time!! Im so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. madison - i love your comment, mainly because it's true. we've been eating eating eating delicious food ALL the time. vacation = food.

    ReplyDelete