Wednesday, March 30, 2011

in mourning

my computer crashed.
one minute it was running just fine - 
and the next all i could see was a flashing question mark inside an {extremely annoying} bouncing folder.
i'm seriously sad.
not because i have any connection to that laptop, 
but because i was stupid and never once backed anything up.
not even once.
so there goes all my music, all my pictures from the past four years, and every single
thing i have written during my college career.
yes, that is sad.
i'm hoping i kept some weird folders of papers that i'll stumble upon
or realize i really did develop all of my pictures from china 
{like i meant to} 
or even better - come across an external hard drive that 
i happened to back everything up on in my sleep.
but for now, i will mourn.

6 comments:

  1. NO! Brighton that's the worst. From now on just use DropBox. Super easy and on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no - don't forget you put a lot of your pictures from china on flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! i'm so sorry! i hope you can rescue some of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can still get most your stuff back even if your computer crashes! Text me if you haven't found a place to do it yet and I can ask my husband where you should go. That happened to me and he was able to get all my pictures, music and school work off... some things were lost but I was just fine as long as I had that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no. this makes me sad for you. i'm so sorry bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wahhhhh (that's me crying) i really am so sorry. worst news ever.

    ReplyDelete