Sunday, March 21, 2010

for the sake of updating

I'm reading a science fiction book for one of my classes - The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin - and I have to write a research paper for it really soon.  The problem is I really don't like this book at all.  But as I was reading it tonight, I came across one little gem among all the talk about shifgrethor on the planet Gethen in the city Karhide whose people are androgynous.

"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end."


2 comments:

  1. oh yes. i like that little saying. but i find it weird that you don't find shifgrethor and planet gethen and the city of karhide and the adrogynous people fascinating. my mouth is salivating just thinking of it! tehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw someone else reading that on campus, and the title reminded me of Heart of Darkness, which just made me have really negative feelings toward it. That's such a great quote though. I'm glad you found it so I don't have to read the book.

    ReplyDelete