Thursday, April 7, 2011

still loving old photos

this is my great-grandma {nana} and my beautiful mother as an adorable little girl. my great-grandma was one of a kind - she was known for her leopard prints and big jewelery {i can't tell you how many times i borrowed her jewelry for high school dances} and she loved fashion, fake nails, and fake eyelashes.  she had her hair done at the salon every week and she always wore the latest trends.  she really was one of the most stylish and dignified {and cutest} ladies i've ever known and i really only knew her for the last fifteen years of her life, which definitely says something about her style in her older years.  
i saw this video today and i couldn't help but reminded of my nana & so i thought i would share it here.  i hope i am as spunky as these women in my old age!

"you're gonna be an old woman some day.... don't worry about it!"

Advanced Style: Age and Beauty on Nowness.com.

4 comments:

  1. ahhh... I love this brighton! I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessed with these photos. I'll never forget the time when nana told your mom and I (she was probably 80) "you girls need to get a thin belt; they'll be in style this year" she was totally right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remembering Nana is always fun. She definitely was one of a kind....so sassy. One of my favorite stories was when she made the bishop change the civil wedding vows to love and cherish instead of the accepted love and obey.

    ReplyDelete