Thursday, January 27, 2011

fun to be me

sometimes i feel like i got handed the short straw when it comes to gender.  living with a boy for the past year and a half has made me more aware than ever of the differences between girls and boys.

like how i have to get up many many many minutes earlier to be ready at the exact same time, 
mainly due to how my hair looks like a lifeless animal if i don't blow dry it
or how i go through a million outfits trying to suit my mood
and how on top of that i seem to have a hundred more layers of clothing to put on
and all the other unmentionables, you get the idea.

well recently i find myself looking at a blog - actually a tumbler - that makes me feel like it is oh so fun to be a girl.  call me silly or anti-feminist or whatever, i like it.









fun to wear bows and dresses and eat breakfast in bed, fun to be a mom {though not for me yet}, fun to wear bright colored tights and shoes and lay in the grass, fun to have girlfriends, and fun to be in love.


7 comments:

  1. These pictures made my day happy. I love being a girl too. I just need to try and remember it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those picture! and i would way rather be a girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds me of my favorite madonna song "what it feels like for a girl". it's true. : ) we have it good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures and super cute -- but I do hate it that the girl line in public restrooms are always 1000 times longer than boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. colored tight are the best! they are my favorite part of the winter colder months! Keep up the fun posts :) i want that stroller/buggy XO

    ReplyDelete