Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Our 7th Home and First House

In the five years we have been married, Tanner and I have moved seven times. So, we have had a lot of homes together.  This summer, however, we bought our first house, which means we hopefully won't be moving for a long while.  The house is in great condition in most ways, but cosmetically, it needs a lot of work, so ever since we moved in a few weeks ago, we have spent all our free time working on projects.  So far, we have painted three rooms, a kitchen, and a hallway, installed new floors, and today I started painting our kitchen cabinets on a whim.  We still have two more rooms to paint, carpet to install in the bedrooms, and several other smaller projects.  I'm starting to see it come together, and I can't wait for it to be done!  Here are some pictures of our progress.


Before: Here is the project I was most excited about. This room was dark and ugly with wood paneling everywhere, red tile floors, and giant old speakers that weren't connected to any sort of sound system. I really wonder what this room was used for??





 After with paint, feels so much better



With different floors (that I'm in love with), even better

Before: The front room wasn't nearly as bad to begin with.


After: Again, I am obsessed with these floors.

I am really proud of this room because it was actually my idea (and not Pinterest's...) to use the cube shelf as a room divider to create a little foyer in the front room.  

And during all the chaos of paint and flooring, Madison and Louis came to visit! At one point, Madison asked me where the trash was, and I told her the kitchen floor - and I was not joking even a little.  It has come a long way the past week.

Although buying a house has been an overwhelming process from start to finish, it has been a lot of fun making our home totally ours.  When everything is all set up, I'll take more pictures of the house and post some more photos.  

1 comment:

  1. It’s amazing how buying a home can change your outlook. You’ve done a great job of renovating your home. Make sure to keep track of the exact name and product number for the flooring. It makes it a lot easier if you ever have to repair a section. The same goes for the exact name of the paint that you used.

    ReplyDelete